Flaming Pines is set to release a new compilation of ambient music from Vietnam. It's titled Emergence and features ten tracks by currently active Vietnamese artists, non-Vietnamese artists currently residing in Vietnam, and people who have collaborated with Vietnamese artists in the past. The album is accompanied by the following excerpted statement:
The first generation of experimental musicians appeared in Hanoi in the 1990s. Late 2000s and early 2010s, the second generation of Vietnamese experimental musicians started developing.
Up until now the local scene is still lacking resources, awareness and appreciation for experimental music in Vietnam. Our emergence is not only to claim our musical identities but also to open up new possibilities, exploration and potential future collaboration. For us, experimental music is a direct way to construct our sonic language; to freely express a complex range of personal experience, thoughts and emotions.
The album comes out April 25th both digitally and on CD. You can listen to a track above and pre-order the album here.
1, Đỗ Tấn Sĩ - The morning seems so strange today
2. Tri Minh - Love I (feat. Trinh Minh Hien)
3. Sound Awakener - Duskiness
4. Xo Xinh - Conversation
5. No Time - The Sum Of Little Things
6. Tam Pham - Nỗi buồn với biển
7. Humanized - Parallel Astroid
8. Nguyễn Đỗ Minh Quân - Rush
9. Nguyễn Hữu Hải Duy - Walk (Doze Off)
10. Dee.F - If I could stay reasonably sane (original mix)